Get the Welling Advantage
Specially formulated homeopathic treatment to help you recover completely and reverse any damage. Get started today to prevent more damage. Call (+91) 80 80 850 950 to book an appointment in Mumbai. Outside Mumbai, Click here for a detailed assessment.Homeopathic treatment for Gout involves getting the complete and detailed information from you about your Gout symptoms and coming to customised Homeopathic medicines for Gout for you. This will be the only right homeopathic medicine of Gout for you, which will give you long term relief and permanent cure, made easy through our CUREplus treatment protocol available exclusively at Welling Homeopathic Clinics and our online treatment platform for our global patients.
Get started with your Homeopathic treatment of Gout. Call (+91) 80 80 850 950 to book an appointment.
Gout results in an inflammation of the joint. This is due deposition of uric acid crystals in the joint spaces and or in the connective tissue of the joints.
Gout has four distinct stages:
- Asymptomatic: High levels of Uric acid in blood but no joint complaints
- Acute phase: Acute complaints pain and swelling occur for a brief period
- Intercritical phase: There is no pain or swelling of joints in this phase, the patient is relatively symptom-free.
- Chronic: Gout attacks may become frequent during this phase and the condition may affect many joints at a time (polyarticular). Tophi formation may also be seen.
Gout is a disorder of purine metabolism, and occurs when its final metabolite, uric acid, crystallizes in the form of monosodium urate, precipitating in joints, on tendons, and in the surrounding tissues. These crystals then trigger a local immune-mediated inflammatory reaction, with one of the key proteins in the inflammatory cascade being interleukin 1?.
- If parents have gout, then children have a 20% chance of developing it.
- Intake of alcoholic beverages, especially beer, increases the risk for gout.
- Diets rich in red meats, internal organs, yeast, and oily fish increase the risk for gout.
- Uric acid levels increase at puberty in men and at menopause in women, so men first develop gout at an earlier age (after puberty) than do women (after menopause).
Attacks of gouty arthritis can be precipitated when there is a sudden change in uric acid levels, which may be caused by
- overindulgence in alcohol and red meats,
- starvation and dehydration,
- IV contrast dyes,
- diuretics and some other anti-hypertensive medications,
- aspirin (Bayer, Ecotrin),
- nicotinic acid (B-3-50, B3-500-Gr, Niacin SR, Niacor, Niaspan ER, Slo-Niacin),
- Cyclosporin A,
- allopurinol (Zyloprim) and probenecid (Benemid),
- Medical conditions such as Metabolic syndrome, a combination of abdominal obesity, hypertension, insulin resistance, and abnormal lipid levels, occurs in nearly 75% of cases
Sign and symptom
The signs and symptoms of gout are almost always acute, occurring suddenly — often at night — and without warning. They include:
Intense joint pain
Gout usually affects the large joint of your big toe, but it can occur in your feet, ankles, knees, hands and wrists. The pain is likely to be most severe within the first 12 to 24 hours after it begins.
After the most severe pain subsides, some joint discomfort may last from a few days to a few weeks. Later attacks are likely to last longer and affect more joints.
Inflammation and redness
The affected joint or joints become swollen, tender and red.
People with gout can develop more-severe conditions, such as:
Some people may never experience gout signs and symptoms again. But others may experience gout several times each year. Medications may help prevent gout attacks in people with recurrent gout.
Untreated gout may cause deposits of urate crystals to form under the skin in nodules called tophi. Tophi can develop in several areas such as your fingers, hands, feet, elbows or Achilles tendons along the back of your ankle. Tophi usually aren’t painful, but they can become swollen and tender during gout attacks.
Urate crystals may collect in the urinary tract of people with gout, causing kidney stones. Medications can help reduce the risk of kidney stones
Treatment for gout
Drugs used to treat acute attacks and prevent future attacks include:
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
NSAIDs may control inflammation and pain in people with gout. Doctor may prescribe a higher dose to stop an acute attack, followed by a lower daily dose to prevent future attacks. NSAIDs carry risks of stomach pain, bleeding and ulcers.
If one is unable to take NSAIDs, doctor may recommend colchicine (Colcrys), a type of pain reliever that effectively reduces gout pain — especially when started soon after symptoms appear. The drug’s effectiveness is offset in most cases, however, by intolerable side effects, such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
After an acute gout attack resolves, doctor may prescribe a low daily dose of colchicine to prevent future attacks.
Corticosteroid medications, such as the drug prednisone, may control gout inflammation and pain. Corticosteroids may be administered in pill form, or they can be injected into joint. Doctor might inject a corticosteroid medication during the same visit as a joint fluid test — where he or she withdraws (aspirates) fluid from joint with a needle. Corticosteroids are generally reserved for people who can’t take either NSAIDs or colchicine.
Side effects of corticosteroids may include thinning bones, poor wound healing and a decreased ability to fight infection.
Homeopathic medicines for gout
This is used for gout, especially of the knee or big toe. Tearing and stitching pain in the affected joint, for acute rheumatism and gout with stiffness, swelling and lameness. Also, symptoms of gout associated with highly colored and offensive urine. Symptoms are worse in open air and from uncovering the affected parts.
This remedy is indicated when there are sudden twinges of pain — stitching pains in gouty joints, which are worse from motion. The pains often radiate out from the affected part or move to a different area all together. The person has a tendency towards kidney stones and may ache all over. –
This remedy helps in the elimination of uric acid from the body. The patient has a tendency to gout and uric acid formations. The joint symptoms are associated with hive-like eruptions. There is pain in the shoulders (deltoid region), wrists and ankles. The patient is worse from exposure to cool moist air, snow-air, water and touch.Select the remedy that most closely matches the symptoms.
Gout in the big toe or heel so painful that the person cannot bear to have it touched or moved. Joints are red, hot and swollen. The pain is often worse in the evening and at night. Pains are worse in cold, damp weather and flare-ups may occur with weather changes or in the spring. The person often has a feeling of internal coldness
This remedy is indicated when the gouty pains shoot through the foot, limb and joints – especially the small joints. The foot and ankle are extremely swollen. Cold or ice cold applications relieve the pain and swelling. –
This remedy is for chronic gout, with chalky deposits in the joints. There is a pain in the heels on treading, as from a pebble. One foot feels hot and the other cold. The urine is slow to produce and has heavy, red sediment. There may be a backache, which is relieved by passing urine. The right side of the body is particularly affected and all the complaints seem to be worse, especially between 4pm and 8pm.
This remedy can be useful for gouty swelling of the big toe joint that flares up before a storm. Other joints may ache and swell, especially on the right side of the body. Pain usually is worse toward early morning and after staying still too long. The person may feel better from warmth and after eating.
When this remedy is indicated, the finger joints may become enlarged because of gout, and the knees and toes may be involved. Stabbing pain is experienced, and the joints may make a cracking sound on movement. Discomfort is worse during weather changes, and warmth may bring relief.
Symptoms that suggest this remedy are sudden onset. Joints are swollen, red, throbbing and extremely sensitive. It’s worse from touch and jarring. The person may feel restless, flushed and hot.
This remedy is used when the pain is sore and bruised, such as it hurts to walk. The person may be afraid to be touched or approached because of pain.
- Maintain a diet low in purines.
- Limit intake of caffeine, cauliflower, dried beans, lentils, peas, oatmeal, spinach and yeast products.
- Consume plenty of purified water as this promotes the excretion of uric acid and prevents development of kidney stones.
- Drink fresh or frozen cherry juice as it prevents uric acid crystals from forming. Blueberries, cherries and strawberries neutralize uric acid and have antioxidant properties so eat more of them.
- Enjoy foods such as rice, millet, starchy vegetables, green vegetables, corn, cornbread, fruit, eggs, nuts, and herbal teas.
- Avoid alcohol as it may provoke acute attacks.
- The gout diet should be high in complex carbohydrates and low in protein.
Welling Homeopathic Treatment of Gout –
These are just basic indications and there are more than 150 Homeopathic medicines that can be right for you. The Welling homeopathic treatment for Gout is customized for you so that you get long term relief and permanent cure. Our homeopathic treatment for Gout is 100% safe and proven to be effective in most of our patients. The right homeopathic medicines for Gout has to be choosen by a qualified and an experienced Homeopathic doctor.
Call our global helpline (+91) 80 80 850 950 to connect with us NOW.
Call or meet us to know more about our specialized homeopathic treatment for Gout and get to know the right homeopathic medicine for Gout for you from our experts.