There has been a steady increase in the number of people wanting to try Homeopathic treatment for their illness and no doubt you would like to meet the best Homeopathic doctor for your treatment. People are becoming increasingly aware of the immense power of Homeopathy and the scope it has in curing complicated pathologies.
And whenever there is an increase in a demand for anything, mediocrity and low quality creeps in. As in all other fields, there are varying standards of homeopathic treatment available and it’s becoming increasingly difficult to find the best Homeopathic doctor for your family. There are no medical websites in India dedicated to ranking and reviewing doctors like in the western countries.
To help you find the best Homeopathic doctor in your area, I have made a checklist for you, especially for metro cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore etc.
- He should be properly qualified. India has the largest pool of qualified Homeopathic doctors in the world. But still there are many unqualified people practicing homeopathy at home and medical centers. Homeopathic system is based on one of the most complicated philosophies regarding health, disease and cure. It requires a formal education of more than 5 years and a life long learning bend of mind to absorb it and apply it to each patient. Reading books and reading web-sites for a year or so can not make any body a professional homeopathic doctor.
- He should have enough experience in handling the disease which you are suffering from and not just a general experience. Homeopathy is a holistic science and very seldom there are specialists as we don’t require to be specialist of one organ or system. We treat the complete body. But it helps if your consultant has seen a number of cases of your illness to know the cure possibilities and apply his experience. This specially matters for complicated illness. At Welling Homeopathy we see various complicated illnesses including Cancer and Muscular Dystrophy.
- He should be a full time practitioner. Lately I have noticed many homeopaths traveling all over the country taking lectures and classes. Further some Homeopaths spend huge amount of money in buying online time on television channels to showcase there oratory skills and attract crowd. But in there clinic it’s their junior assistants who consult the patient right from the first consultation or for the follow-ups. There is seldom any senior doctor to consult for you and available for you to clear your doubts. Nor are there any systems and protocols set for these junior assistants to follow. Hence it’s always better to ask about the consultant who is going to be in-charge of your health.
- He should be well versed with the latest research in the Homeopathic field and also in the general medical field. Medical field is ever changing and your doctor needs to be regularly updated with the latest research and guidelines about your illness.
- He should be well versed with the diagnosis and investigation required. The Homeopath who says diagnosis and investigation are not required for a Homeopathic treatment is a fool and most probably was sleeping through his medical school. Though the scenario is changing now, but still there are many Homeopaths who feel diagnosis and investigations are not required.
- He should be able to clear your doubts regarding Homeopathy, your illness & also explain what to expect from the treatment. He should also know the limitation of a homeopathic treatment. I stress on this point as there are Homeopaths who claim to grow any part of the body, from ovaries to giving eye sight for a frank blind person.
- He should be having a very good reputation for delivering results. You can inquire from people in your area, visit forum and search on internet to know from people who have posted online about the doctors treatment they liked or didn’t like.
- If you are visiting a chain of clinic, you should know who the responsible person is? With various chain of clinics coming up in India, it becomes very important to know who is the consultant responsible for your health. This statement is in continuation with the no.3 statement above. People approach these chain of clinics considering the name of the chief of these chain of clinic, but seldom do the chief practices or is seen in the clinic. And the point to note here is for all legal issues, the junior doctor consulting you is responsible for your health and complications & not the chief, management or the company of these chain of clinics.
- Your Homeopath should be transparent regarding the medication prescribed for you and if any more information is required by you. I am still not sure about the necessity for keeping the name of the medication a secret by majority of the Homeopaths.
- Accessibility of your doctor: Homeopathic treatment for chronic diseases may take months to resolve. During this time, in addition to personal consultation, it is important that your consulting doctor is easily approachable for you through all the latest means of communications including phone, email, skype etc.
You can visit websites and browse the internet before handing over the responsibility of restoring your health to any Homeopathic consultant. You can visit a consultant and clear your doubts before initiating your treatment to confirm if he is the best Homeopathic doctor for you.
Remember, even for your car you prefer going to the authorized service center rather than a local road side garage, then why stop at anything less than the best homeopathic doctor in your area.
Fill the form below and get FREE updates as soon as we publish them.