Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that causes raised, red, scaly patches to appear on the skin.
It causes skin cells to grow too quickly, resulting in thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin. Normally, skin cells grow gradually and flake off about every 4 weeks. New skin cells grow to replace the outer layers of the skin as they shed. But in psoriasis, new skin cells move rapidly to the surface of the skin in days rather than weeks.
- Psoriasis plaques are well-defined;
- Psoriasis is most often found on the outside of knees and elbows, the scalp, the lower back, the face, the palms and soles of feet. It also can show up in other places, such as fingernails, toenails, the genitals and inside the mouth.
With psoriasis, that means taking precautions to prevent outbreaks, such as using heavy moisturizers and leading an overall healthy lifestyle, and, if psoriasis does cause your skin to breakout into dry, red patches, treating it quickly. In this article, we’ll discuss few home remedies for psoriasis — some consisting of simple ingredients found in your kitchen — to help treat psoriasis discomfort, and simple everyday changes you can make to help prevent outbreaks.
Home remedies for psoriasis:
- Make a paste of few cabbage leaves. Put that bowl in hot water and allow that paste to become warm. Then apply that paste to the skin and hold it with a clean cloth.
- Exposing the skin to the morning sunlight also is one of the measures to soothen the effects of psoriasis.
- Juices of carrots, beets, cucumbers and grapes are desirable in the beginning of the treatment as they are cleansing juices.
- Epsom salt baths have proved valuable in psoriasis.
- Take a glass of bitter gourd (karela). Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Mix them well. Drink this juice everyday on empty stomach atleast for 4-6 months.
- Baking soda reduces itching. Add 2 tbsp baking soda to a bowl of water. Soak a towel into it and now apply that to the skin.
- Take a bowl. Add lemon juice, salt, alovera gel and turmeric powder. Now apply this mixture to the affected area.
- Fish oil applied directly to the skin has also been known to work well for some.
- Sensitive-skin moisturizers are also great at keeping your skin supple and from forming plaques.
- Eliminating red meat and fatty foods have been effective for some.
- Soy, nuts, chocolate, and cranberries are a few functional foods for treatment
- Lukewarm bath with Epsom salt, mineral oil, milk, or olive oil can soothe the itching and infiltrate scales and plaques. Moisturize immediately after your bath for double benefits
- Even the application of tepidly warm coconut oil on the affected parts at least half an hour before bathing will help prevent dryness which encourages psoriasis.
- Gel from the aloe plant (which is related to the cactus) can be applied to the skin up to three times a day.
You can try one of these home remedies for psoriasis. These are tried and tested and are a part of our treatment for psoriasis, where in we customise the Homeopathic treatment of psoriasis for you to cure your psoriasis quickly and permanently.